What do you call a playboy cat?

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Books, the thief of time.

I can't remember a time when I read so much books, an average of 3 novels per week lately and most of it is done while travelling to and fro work. The book that got me started was Terry Pratchett's "Thief of time". Won't recommend new readers this book because his humor and sciences are all out of this world (ie: weird). Try the nightwatch series which begins with "Guards! Guards!", then "Men at arms" and followed by "Feet of Clay". "Monstrous Regiment" is a good standalone book to get one started.

It was back in 2002, Chinese New Year when I picked up this book "Thief of time" in my in-law's bookshelf in Ipoh, Malaysia. It was a good way to waste time while on holiday. That started an avalance of books which resulted in me being addicted to books.

Well going to the library twice a week with my kid helps too. I read to him almost nightly and it's his bedtime routine. Sometimes, he reads to us and even provides us with his own version of the storyline.

Books are really a thief of time. When I have time for myself, I avoid the TV and the PC, instead I indulge myself with a book (mostly fantasy or sci-fi). I never read a book twice because I rather be reading something new than old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home