What do you call a playboy cat?

Friday, June 24, 2005

Reading Rabbit

Actually the real title is "Reading Habit" but when I was young, there was this cartoon show called "The Tom Foolery Show" and each time somebody say you better 'kick that habit', a rabbit will hop into foreground and be kicked out of the screen.

It was really funny then but somehow when I grew older, it didn't seem all that funny and I have no idea why I find it sooooo hilarous then.

Same with my 2 year old kid, when he was about 6 months, anything that drops makes him laugh. Now it takes more than gravity on objects to make him laugh. He is starting to understand those cartoon and will laugh at some of 'em. Too bad we don't have Tom and Jerry cartoon show here on cable. Those are very good classic.

Kids have good imagination since they are not bounded by any norm/laws that we adult have grown accustomed to. Reading helps mould their imagination since words are only words, it is the mind that recreate a world out of those words.

It is good to start reading to kids when they are young. The best success formula for kids is to start them reading from a young age. I'm a bookworm in the family but I don't see myself being bright in school. Perhaps I didn't read enough, that's why I'm here writing a blog instead of doing something more worthwhile (like earning more money or writing beautiful poems or even helping the needy).

These days, I digest about 2-3 novel per week depending on the length of the books. It's a fun thing to do if you prefer to avoid the internet, TV and expensive cinemas. Just have to remember not to forget that person who sleeps beside you nightly cuz' he/she also need some attention too.

So many books, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home