What do you call a playboy cat?

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another BAD-der flu

10pm 2rd July, Sat night: noticed throat was dry, though it was just the hot weather and I didn't have enough liquid.

10am 3th July, Sun morn: Hiking with my own family and another group. Muscle ached when pushing kid up the slope, also did notice my back was a bit aching.

2pm 3th July: Wife felt my body was warm and i took my temperature, too good to be true, I was having a mild fever at 37.8C. Slight cough and throat was getting more sore.

7pm 3th July: Shivering in bed, temperature rose higher and went to see the doc, by now I was coughing my lungs out and voice became hoarse. Doc said my throat was swollen, hence some medication to reduce the swelling along with the antibiotics. Gotten 2 days MC and by now, fever already went as high as 38.5C

4am, 4th July, Mon morn: Shivering in bed despite the fan being off, temperature shot up to 39.8C. Took panadol to ease the fever, chills and aches. Can feel my whole body is sore, like after a heavy workout. Cough still persistent but throat was less painful. Still coughing up thick pglegm. Took an expectorant to loosen the phlegm and got me a short nap.

7am, 4th July: Still felt cold in bed, temperature was at 38.3C and took some sudafet to relieve congested nose plus Cetrizin to stop runny nose. Suspected that I may have dengue fever on the onset of sudden high temperature.

12pm, 4th july: Despite aches and chills, checked the net for symptoms of Dengue and Malaria. Took panadol to control the fever too. Thankfully I don't have all the symptoms of the disease but only time will tell.

6pm, 4th July: Sick like a dog abeit lesser cough and temperature is rising, had to swallow more panadol treat the symptoms.

9pm, 4th July: Antibiotics time (always at 9am and 9pm) and took sudafet to clear my congested nostril.

Almost midnight, 5th July: Gastric pain from antibiotics, supposedly this stronger one (Chloromycin) causes less gastric problem. Big baloney from the doc, should had stuck to my old prescription (Erythromycin). Ate two slices of bread and a cup of milk along. The plopped in two panadol and piriton (antihitamine)

5am, 5th July: Body still aching, stomach felt bloated, no appetite. Can feel fever rising, almost time for another round of panadol anyways. Drank some water with 2 slices of bread. Then took some panadol and tried to get back to sleep.

6pm 5th July: Stomach still felt bloated and burped a few times. It's the antibiotics which causes all the symptoms (freaking heathline doctor!). Forced myself to eat a pear and drink a bit of milk before eating panadol.

9pm 5th July: After dinner, stomach felt like exploding. Cough is subsiding though still have a lingering sore throat. Getting dizzy off and on from lack to sleep the past three nights.

9am 6th July: Sneaked out of the room and went to work. No way I'm staying at home after 3 days being coop up in a room. But I enjoyed the Drangonlance Chronicles, the first 3 books of the famous Dragonlance series.

BOTTOM LINE: I usually get one or two flu bugs in a year but twice in such a short time. Who's to blame for creating all the super-bugs? DOCTORS!!!!

Sometimes, doctors can lie to patients into accepting another prescription when they are overstocked or the stocks are old. Also, to get better business, they prescribe something stronger so that you'd recover faster. Unfortunately, this creates superbugs in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home